I’ve got a HTC P4000, also known on the market as the HTC Titan, or HTC Mogul. I was really bugged at the fact that the OS was really slow. After a bit of looking into it, I realized that most of the stock ROMs are running very bloated, with all this shit running in the background that isn’t supposed to be. Well after a lot of hacking and research, I found that the best ROM to run on the phone….. Windows Mobile 6.1 by No2Chem. I swear it’s the fastest ROM that I’ve ever used in my life. It used to take at least 4+ seconds to open the \Windows\ Directory, but now it only takes a maximum of around 1.5 seconds. I say that’s an amazing improvement.
I’ll lay out a VERY simple install guide for you n00bs, but for those of you that have issues, you should look at the official thread located here.
- Unlock your OS using the OilPro 2.4 Unlocker, and follow the steps on the install carefully.
- You should now be on the tri-color screen that should show that you are running the OilPro bootloader now.
- Download the latest ROM from the PPCGeeks FTP here, or e-mail me, and I’ll give you a direct dl link from here.
- Disable ActiveSync on your phone.
- Flash your ROM using the Rom Update Utility here
- Do a hard reset, and have fun (To do a hard reset, hold the two buttons with the round icons under the screen and depress the reset button, and follow the instructions on the screen).
For Telus users, please set your CDMA1x username via. Connections to <phonenumber>@1x.telusmobility.com and your password to your ESN that you can find in your device information.
EDIT: I updated the ROM link to point to build 5059 that is based on the official WM6.1 Build 19202